Sunday, October 2, 2011

hi there october

Hi everyone!

Once again, sorry for not posting recently!  I have been busy with homework and working on the NGO and October is going to be just as crazy.  Happy October by the way!  The month of October is going to be crazy busy and I am so excited for all the experiences.
The first week I will be living in the village of Adenkrabi with 5 other students.  We have been going 6 students each week and so far everyone has loved it and they have been having a great time!  I can’t wait to tell you all about the experiences that I will get to have there!
After homestays in the village I will be back in Accra for a day of classes and then we head up to Akropong for a week long festival.  I am not sure what that festival will be about other than it is a religious festival.  Ghanaians love their festivals though so I am sure it will be a good time. 
Then I will have a week back in classes before I leave for the Northern region of Ghana for 10 days at the end of the month.  It’s going to be a lot of traveling and I can’t wait!  The month is going to fly by for us and I hope it’s going to be great.  I will try and update you after each trip if I can! 
I hope you are all enjoying that wonderful fall weather back home! We are getting into the hot, dry season so it keeps getting hotter here everyday.  Coming back in December is going to be quite a shock! 
The end of this week marks our halfway point already! It’s hard to believe we have made it halfway already, time is flying by and it’s only going to go faster this month!  I am enjoying my time here but I am still excited to go home and see you all – and eat a lot of good, gross, greasy food when I get back. J  Last night, my friend Kate and I found a KFC that delivered to our dorm.  It was soooo good.
As always, I love and miss you all so much!  I will try and update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment